Saturday, 24 April 2010
The First Mountain Chapel
It went into disrepair and the new chapel was built in 1889.
It seems the triangle of land may have been incorporated into the adjoining field many years ago and no trace seems to be remaining of the old chapel.
We can have a good look once the Claypits are cleared.
Hugh James can recall 3-4ft walls there when he was a lad in the 20s.
Sometimes at Anniversary Services the members of Lanteague would go to the old chapel for part of their services.